These little palm trees will keep your fruit fresh and within easy reach. Before you know it, your guests will be reaching out to grab your fruit for a quick bite.
Tag Archives: Fruit
I love going to places like Williams Sonoma to look for crazy new products. I especially enjoy finding gadgets that seem like they would take more work to accomplish a task than a simple knife. This strawberry slicer looked like it would certainly fit that bill.
But then I played with it and realized this could be very helpful for making strawberry jam or other recipe that requires slicing dozens of strawberries at a time. The tool has a large opening that you drop a strawberry into. You then squeeze the handles, which forces the strawberry across some blades and into the bowl.
Try this strawberry slicer if you find yourself cutting dozens of berries at the same time. It should also work for pitted cherries, blackberries, blueberries, mushrooms, and other sliceable food.
While the ground may be cold, the garden may be dormant, the gardener’s imagination is fertile. These Christmas gifts will have the green thumb in your home happier than a chipmunk chucking wood
1. Garden inspired silicon trivet
Andreas silicone trivets are made by encapsulating fabric within highly heat resistant silicone. These durable trivets are designed to protect your kitchen counters, dining room tables and other surface areas from heat – up to 600-degree-Fahrenheit!
The Wheatgrass Growing Kit w/ the heavy duty Hurricane Manual Juicer is everything you need to grow healthy thick-bladed wheatgrass. Perfect for growing grasses even in small kitchens or apartments. Each kit comes with simple easy to follow growing and harvesting instructions that will have you juicing healthy super-nutritious juice within ten days!
You can’t get any more tree hugger than this organic apron. It’s made of recycled cotton.
4. Kitchen sizedcontainer
Oggi’s Stainless Steel Counter Composter with Charcoal Filter converts leftover food into nutritious soil for the garden. The counter compost pail is made of stainless steel. It has a replaceable two-part odor filter built into the lid and it features a convenient carry handle.
5. The Bible for Organic Gardeners and Chefs
This highly detailed book provides all of the information needed for an organic kitchen. While it covers all types of ingredients: meat, fish, vegetable, fruits, nuts…., vegetables and fruits are the center of attention.
6. Magnificent Tomatoes
This beautiful book follows the tomato from garden to the table. It’s sure to draw a gasp of joy when unwrapped. You’ll find advice for growing as well as superb recipes, all illustrated with lush photography.
7. Playtime for the Young Gardeners
This fun play set encourages kids to play in the garden. However, they can handle these heirloom tomatoes without bruising them. The toys can even be peeled.
Mompie, has given a nice review of the toys
These are hard plastic, not soft as the heading states. Having said that, my two year old has hardly stopped playing with it in the last few weeks and even my seven year old boy will play along. You can play the obvious shopping and cooking games but you can also learn colors, practice counting, group according to categories and many other creative ideas.
Mompie – Amazon.com
8. Personalized Gardener’s Coffee Mug
Gardeners, like the recipient, know the best dirt. Order this early so it can be customized.
9. Snippers for Garden Fresh Herbs
Scissors make it much easier to cut fresh herbs. This is especially true with dill, basil, and chives. These scissors will be used often in fresh herb kitchens.
10. Garden Inspired Serving Knife
This decorative serving knife is perfect for serving cake during a garden side tea party. It even comes gift wrapped.
- recycled wool designer trivets (alternativeconsumer.com)
- Top Holiday Gifts and Decor for 2010 (prweb.com)
- Insomnie Design (design-milk.com)
- Visiting a World Class Eco-Park Compost Facility in Mexico – An Adventure in Eco Travel and Green Living (chicagonow.com)
- Green Holiday Gift Guide: Ten Eco-Friendly Ideas (metaefficient.com)
- The miracle of wheatgrass (rawlivingfoods.typepad.com)
Here’s an interview with the Resource Revival group.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Recycled Bike Chain Bottle Opener (neatorama.com)
- 11 Recycled Bicycle Innovations – From Bike Chain Chandeliers to Arboreal Bike Wheels (CLUSTER) (trendhunter.com)
- Recycled Bicycle Lighting – Michael Martins Turns Busted Bikes into Awesome Lights (GALLERY) (trendhunter.com)
It’s cherry season and this little guy will have you giggling as you pit the little guys for a cherry pie. Just put a cherry in his mouth, pound on his head. It catches the cherry, its pit, and all the extra juice.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Cherry Nutrition (lifescript.com)
- Cherries ‘n Berries (nofluffjuststuff.com)
- Spicy Cherry Sauce (daysontheclaise.blogspot.com)
- CherryPharm Tart Cherry Juice Is Perfect for the Whole Family! (susanheim.blogspot.com)
This simple cutter will turn an apple into a lovely, cored spiral. At first this may seem rather silly, but the final spiral can easily be cut into the perfect sized chunks for an apple pie or crumble. Or, you could leave the spiral intact for a child’s lunch pail.
It’s easy to use. Simply place the cutter at the top of the apple and begin turning it. Mono’s Giro Apple Slicer by Mono is made in Germany of stainless steel.